Six months from today I turn 30. Exciting? Yes! Not daunting in the least bit.
That said, I feel as though my 20s would be incomplete without some kind of personal milestone, challenge and success. Obviously, successes and challenges come and go over the decades and I’ve seen my fair share. But I’m looking for one more thing, to close out my 20s.
So looking back and digging deep, I’ve come up with something to push myself on for the next six months. This challenge is going to take me from my 20s and into my 30s. It’s going to be hard and awesome at the same time.
Without being cliché, like many other out there, I’m no longer the weight I used to be. 12 years out of high school, 8 years out of college, 6 years out of grad school and 5 years into management consulting, I’ve put on a few pounds. Now, grant you I’ve never been unhappy with my appearance or athleticism (or sometimes lake thereof). However, in the advent of turning 30, I’m going to make a radical change.
I’m going lose thirty pounds in six months to take me to my thirtieth birthday! If all goes as planned, I’ll weigh in the 130s when I reach that 30th birthday. So, see a theme here? While, I’m doing this to improve my overall health, I thought blogging about it and sharing my journey will be both beneficial to me and entertaining to you all.
For those of you who know me, you’ll get to keep up with things. For new friends and old ones just checking this out, we’re all nosey right?
Hopefully, I’ll inspire others to take on challenges of their own! In the meantime I’ve got to get started on mine…
More to come...
Love your blog---will check it often----good luck on your challenge...I can tell you it is NOT easy...Aunt Anne
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Meg! I look forward to following your journey! Of course have to preface your journey with saying I think you look GREAT the way you are :) But we all have our own happy/healthy place for our own bodies. <3 the wedding pics. xo
ReplyDelete