I have a hate / love relationship with the 5:00 hour, both AM and PM. In my opinion getting up in the 5’s is hard (especially in the Winter) and once the 5s roll around in the afternoon it’s hard being at work (especially in the Summer). Hello happy hour!
This morning my flight left Boston at 8:00AM for Chicago. Usually, I would get up around 6:30AM rush through the morning and get to the airport about 45 minutes before departure. This morning, I braved the 5:00AM wake up. The plan was to exercise before my flight. Since today is my first day on a new client, I’m sure it’ll be a long one and with the time change to Central time, it’ll leave me too tired in the early evening hours for a work out. Plus there is the inevitable time spent scoping out the new hotel, dinner options, parking situation, etc.
I’ve always thought that 5:00PM is my optimal time for a workout. As I’m sure you've found this is not conducive to the average person’s workday. Especially not mine. I tend to wrap up work in the 7:00PM hour missing both my optimum workout time and happy hour.
Waking up in the 5s was a success today. I made it up by 5:15 and out the door for a run by 5:30. I started the day with tons of energy and I feel like I’ve checked exercise off my list for today. Granted I was tired during the run and I didn’t go as hard or as far as I could, I got out there and for that I’m happy!
That said, I’m working on turning the 5:00AM hour into my power exercise hour. We'll call it 6:00AM when I'm in the Central time zone (Tues- Thursday) because it's 5 EST
Recapping the Memorial Day weekend – so far the 30 to Thirty Plan is a success. I’m down 4 pounds and didn’t over indulge on the holiday weekend. I worked off my annual mint chip ice cream from Sundae School by painting the cottage, its deck and the outdoor furniture. Who knew painting was such a good workout?! My arms are sore today!
Next up… surviving the team dinner this evening with tempting food and fancy drinks @ Maude's Liquor Bar
No comments:
Post a Comment